Job: Tutor 3D Animator
Time with Boost Coaching: 3 Years
Sporting background prior to starting:
I was 100kg before deciding to lose weight due to health and lifestyle concerns. In 3 months I lost 20kgs and felt amazing. With a new look on life I decided to do something with my now built up energy and started with Boost Coaching.
Initial goal/s & events when I started with Boost:
- To finish a half ironman
- To run 1:30 for a half marathon
- Complete and finish Ironman New Zealand
Did you achieve these goals &/or what were the outcomes?
I thought my goals where obtainable but I knew it would be hard work. I managed to do my first half just over my 1:30 goal but it made me realize that time is irrelevant. It’s the journey you take to get there that makes the story. I did manage to complete in good time both the half and Ironman. There was a bit of unfinished business with both.
How did Boost Coaching help you to achieve these goals?
Determination, key advice and support. I started from not even knowing what shoes I would need for my bike. The coaches and athletes helped to get me ready for all that can be thrown at you from both Triathlon and Ironman.
Boost Coaching has helped to shape me into someone whom I am really proud of. The skills gained have given me not only the race smarts and strengths to far exceeded any goal, but the ability to transcend triathlon, and be used in all facets of my life. My time with boost has created some of my best memory's.
What are your goals & events as you move forward?
- At the moment I am taking a sabbatical and focusing on my career by doing my masters. Once this is over I will be re joining boost and picking up where I left off
- My main goal will be to keep pushing forward and finding ways to achieve faster better times.
- To keep up a base level of fitness so the above goals remain achievable.
Three of my greatest achievements so far while working with Boost are
- Crossing the finish line for the first time at Ironman New Zealand.
- Finishing Ironman New Zealand sub 10 hours
- Completing a half marathon in sub 1:30 and almost doing that in a half ironman too
Other comments regarding working with Boost Coaching
I loved meeting and training with a whole new group of family members that make up the boost crew. Although stage one of my ironman and triathlon goals is over and I am now focusing on my masters, this is not the end. That is the thing with setting goals, once achieved they are just the next platform to stop, look up and see what is next.