Entry & Catch & Recovery Drills
These three drills are great ways to set up your entry and create a stronger catch position. Watch Dave Scott's video below.
The high swingers drill helps to reduce the front drag component of the shoulders.
- Helps to rotate your shoulders
- Reduces frontal resistance
- Engages core and lats during the PUL
SLOW ARM FREESTYLE WITH A HESITATION
Freestyle with a hesitation creates a small pause in the stroke before you initiate the most important final third of the recovery leading into the entry of one arm and cues the start of the catch of the lead arm in the water.
- Cue to start catch
- Focus on one arm at a time
- Arm hesitates during recovery as it gets to shoulder and then when you start again this is the cue to start the catch with the opposite hand
QUICK ARM CATCH
Finally the quick catch is a great drill to implement a faster more focused catch technique at the front of the stroke.
- Increases speed of catch
- Say the Word ‘quick’