Time with Boost Coaching: 7 Months
Sporting background prior to starting:
Squash, Tennis, Touch
Prior to starting with Boost mid August 2015, I had no knowledge, no experience and no inkling of what triathlons, ironman and ocean swims were about except that they were something out of reach for normal people.
But during my first meeting with Andrew I told him that I wanted to do Ironman and that I had 7 months to train for it, I was starting from ground zero with no experience at all in any triathlon or Ironman, however I was in the process of taking swimming lessons, didn’t have a bike and had to buy some running shoes.
He did say that maybe I should do a few events first and then try IMNZ 2016. But I told him that I wanted to do the IMNZ 2015 as I turn 50 and so the journey began
- Mid August 2014 First Training Session
- November 2014 First standard Triathlon (Panasonic Triathlon Maraetai)
- December 2014 First Ocean Swim ( Harbour Crossing)
- December 2014 First half Ironman (Taupo half)
- January 2015 Second half Ironman (Auckland 70.3)
- March 2015 First Ironman (NZIM Taupo)
Initial goal/s & events when I started with Boost:
1. Triathlon standard distance
2. Ocean Swim
3. Half Ironman
4. NZ Ironman
Did you achieve these goals &/or what were the outcomes?
Everything that I wanted to achieve, I have and still can’t believe that I have done all this in 7 months. Going from zero experience to where I am now is unbelievable.
How did Boost Coaching help you to achieve these goals?
- Structured training based on your upcoming events
- Always challenging me to do better
- Open with feedback and advice
What are your goals & events as you move forward?
- Auckland Marathon
- Taupo 70.3
Three of my greatest achievements so far while working with Boost are
- IMNZ 2015
- Ocean Swim Harbour Crossing
- First Triathlon and Half Ironman
Other comments regarding working with Boost Coaching
Training is never easy, however the company, camaraderie and support from the rest of the Boost Athletes are what makes it more enjoyable. Camps are fantastic especially when you win your own room